I’m an entrepreneur at heart. I like to create something that didn’t exist before and develop a marketplace for it. This is called a Blue Ocean Strategy. Well, about a month ago my eyes were opened to an extension of that idea in a book called The Fearless Fish Out of Water: How to Succeed When You’re the Only One Like You by Robin Fisher Roffer. But before I get to the contents of the book lets take a look at the author.
Robin Fisher Roffer is a leading Brand Strategist, especially in the television media domain. But as a brand expert she understands the importance of having a personal brand. She has written a pair of books on the subject, the aforementioned Fearless Fish and Make a Name for Yourself: Eight Steps Every Woman Needs to Create a Personal Brand Strategy for Success.
- owns her company called Big Fish Marketing. There is a screen shot below that shows their internet presence.
- has written several articles
- The Seven Steps to Becoming a FEARLESS Fish Out of Water
- Eight Steps Everyone Needs To Develop Their Brand
- Helping Employees Retool Their Brand After A Layoff
- How To Stay In Love With Work
- Brand Yourself For Love
- Brand Yourself At School (for teens)
- It’s A Man’’s World–Or Is It?
- Beating The Competition
- does speaking engagements
- does workshops
- and consults
As I read The Fearless Fish Out of Water, I realized what I like about the author, she takes the road less traveled.
A book review tomorrow